that-she-wore-for-the-first-time-Saturday!

Halle's tap recital was this weekend- she did SUCH a great job! Didn't miss a beat, did every step correctly, and smiled the whole time! We were proud of her- mostly for doing it without getting nervous or shy! The verdict is still out on whether her dance/rhythmic ability is really a good thing or not... JD and I aren't in to the idea of having a dancer. (Although I must say- all of the dances at this recital were pretty tasteful- the tap/clogging was even impressive!)
Halle's routine was 9th (out of 21!) It was at the New Albany HS auditorium and it was a packed out house. 
Halle's routine was 9th (out of 21!) It was at the New Albany HS auditorium and it was a packed out house. 
I should've had a nice video [here] of her class's cute routine (complete with beach balls and water waving in the background) but I. Messed. Up. I was trying to film and hold Cate and watch all at the same time and somehow double-hit the record button. Didn't get a thing. No picture either because I chose to video it instead.
Yes. I cried right there in my velvet-fold-up-seat. Mostly because I was so mad at myself.
But Susan (JD's mom) came to the rescue and remembered that they were selling videos of the whole thing- she ran to the back and ordered one for us. Thank you, GranGran!!
Walking across the stage with her trophy as part of the finale:
JD videoed the finale, but I haven't even touched that camera since Saturday. I'm still mad at it. Or mad at me. Or both.

No comments:
Post a Comment