Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry, Merry...

Christmas!
It's a white one here! We didn't get the kind of snow the weather people were calling for, but we did some. We were supposed to travel to Iowa today to begin my family's Christmas, but... hopefully tomorrow!
Here are the girls, ready to run to the living room to see "if they got any presents!":
(Don't ask- I don't know what the tiara was about.)
They did! They did!
Halle dove right in:
Cate would've been content with just the $1 baby bottle we put in her stocking. Daddy had to help her keep moving:
He had to help her last year too:
:) Trying out the new game-thing:Halle & her loot:
(That pink bouncy thing is her favorite present. Best 2.89 I've ever spent!)Cate's stuff:

*The day has been almost perfect. Except that I burned the cinnamon rolls. And we couldn't travel. And I deleted everthing on our DVR on accident. And the maccaroni that I made for lunch turned out to be out of date (thankfully I noticed right before plating it up!) I told JD I wasn't going to empty the dishwasher- I just know I'll break all of the bowls or something...

**The girls' Christmas jammies are doozies this year, aren't they? Not my style at all. The thing is, I ran out of time to make them some. By the time we went to a store to pick some out, there were only a handful left that I approved of (didn't have 'Dora' or something equally dumb on them.) Of those, only two styles had the sizes we needed. Needless to say, the girls got the final pick, and Cate (almost) always agrees with Halle. So fancy-schmancy pj's it is. (You can go back up to look at the pictures and roll your eyes along with me if you want.)

Merry Christmas, everyone! And Happy Birthday, Jesus!

No comments: