This post is for the family.
It's long and boring. Fair warning.
.
Confession #1: the first time I was pregnant I naively assumed I was half done at 20 weeks. The second time I hit 21 weeks and mentally checked off "halfway!" This time I'm trying not to think about it. Maybe this one will be born on time (or thereabouts) but I'm not getting my hopes up.
.
Confession #2: That is the only photo I have that was taken for the sole purpose of showing me pregnant. None with Halle. None with Cate (although there are a few that show me big as a stinking whale.) This one will most likely be deleted. Soon. And for the record- this is by far the biggest I've been this early. I told someone that it's my body's way of saying, "AGAIN?!" Ick.
.
And the baby, you ask? Well, he/she is this big, head to toes:
Due April 26. Gender will hopefully be determined on Friday, although we won't know or tell until at least Sunday (JD will be on a road trip so I'll have them write it down and we'll look together when he gets home.) He/she moves all the time (like the girls)- JD can even feel it now..
That's about it... OH, yeah- I think I'm finally getting the "baby itch." You know- that "I can't wait to have teeny-weeny one again!" feeling. Sadly, it has been missing this time around (I blame the horrible "morning" sickness) but I think it's back! Between baby Parker (JD's new nephew) and friends' recent babies, I think I'm almost ready to be ready. If that even makes sense...
.
Note: If the tone of this post seems a little negative, please do not think for a second it's because I do not want or appreciate this pregnancy/baby. Believe me, I DO. I know how incredibly blessed we are. I just don't really like being pregnant. I don't like being sick and tired and crying about stupid things that I never cry about (I mean, c'mon, The Office reruns?!) And I do not like feeling large. Er. Larger. I'm sorry if that is offensive, but there it is. I DO like feeling the baby move. And I DO DO DO like having children. So with that said, I apologize for my whinyness here. :)

5 comments:
I think you look cute! I'm with you, I don't particularly enjoy being pregnant either(exactly why I'm so happy we got one of each and are stopping after 2--hopefully). Can't wait to hear what you're having!
I am just so excited! I can be all excited because I'm not the one gaining the weight, morning sickness, etc. But really I am just so happy for you guys! I CANNOT wait to find out, girl or boy!!!!! I don't know if I could have it on a piece of paper and wait, but I know that would be really important for both to find out at the same time....I would def. want that also! Anyway, congrats and you look great despite how you prob feel!!
Beck, you are and always will be beautiful whether you are pregnant or not. And you can "whine" to me anytime. I can't wait for the arrival of #3. I would love to be able to feel him/her moving. I love you very much, Aunt Debbie XOXOXO
I think the nurse should email me with the info- I'll keep it safe for you...
You look beautiful, I can't wait to have a growing family like yours!! Congrats on the news of a boy- I am so excited for you both!
Post a Comment