Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I'm so excited!

Basketball season is starting! College, that is.
.
The EC Royals (JD's team) kick off the season this weekend- we'll be on the road for the next week or so watching games and staying with family. I always dread the season until it's here. Every summer I start thinking about how much JD is gone and all the late nights and travel with the kids. But when the season actually starts and we're in the middle of it, I love it.
.
AND the Jayhawks' opening exhibition game is next Tuesday! Hence, the new background. Living in Arkansas and graduating from the U of A has made me a Razorback sorta-fan. I'll wear a t-shirt and watch the games. But in my heart I'll always be a Jayhawk FAN. I don't mind if my kids 'WooPig' but you should see my grin when they 'RockChalk.' It's one of my favorite things.
.
.
.
PS- Did you hear us cheering down here in AR when we found out that ESPNU was added to our TV lineup?? It almost makes up for not having JTV! ;)
.
PPS- KU and EC have an opponent in common this year! UCA. Go 'Hawks and Royals! (What does it really matter that KU is paying UCA, and UCA is paying us?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we will be at Crowley's tomorrow!
this is the time of the year when you count "scouting other teams" as quality time or even a date in really desperate times :-)

Rachel A said...

didnt mean to do anonymous