Thursday, August 20, 2009

NoNoNoGreenBeans

There is just something about cooked, soggy, squishy green beans that makes my gag reflex go into overdrive. All my life I've hated them (minus the brown-sugar-and-bacon variety, and the crunchy-from-the-garden kind). Any canned green bean is my enemy- even home canned (sacrilege, right Mom and Grammy?) It seems to be a family problem here...
.
Halle, 12 months:
(notice the floor)Cate, 15 months:
(again, on the floor) As Cate was dropping them onto the floor one by one she was saying, "No...no...no..."

I'm usually pretty good about making them eat at least a few (in hopes that they will out grow their aversion- although it didn't work for me.) But sometimes I have to just let it go. Inside I was saying "no no no" too. :)

3 comments:

Kyah, Cason, & Haven said...

I am now laughing at your post right now! That so cracks me up! Just read your comment...I know I was a little over the top, but Kyah had done so many cute things yesterday....I guess my mommy meter was in overdrive.
Love the pictures!

Nancy said...

Where did I go wrong...

Debbie said...

Get out the green bean story book...