Thursday, August 27, 2009

Baby Picassos

...and other random topics

.I read in a magazine about a family that has an art gallery in their basement- the kids paint a new canvas every year and they each hang on the wall like prized art. While we do not have the space to hang or even store that many canvasses, I liked the idea.
I bought some (mucho cheapo) canvasses and let the girls go at it:
I figure if I can remember to do this each year it will be interesting to see what they come up with. This year was all about splashes of color! (Ha.)
For now, our beautiful artwork rests in the toy corner:
---------------------------------------------
I love how putting regular old yogurt in an ice cream cone instantly makes a kid's night! ---------------------------------------------------------------
Halle has seemed so grown up lately. How did three become THREE?
All of a sudden she can do the hard puzzles on her own:
She traced over my dotted letters beautifully:And she is so kind to Cate (most of the time) and has such a Momma Hen personality (which borders on bossy at times):---------------------------------------------
This is not a great picture- Cate didn't want to cooperate last night. After bath time I was combing her hair and it looked SO long!
I guess to understand you have to remember that at this point Halle was basically bald.

2 comments:

Brittney said...

I LOVE that canvas idea and I might just have to steal it! We have a HUGE basement now and lots of room to hang those. (Well, there will be once we get it finished). Where did you find the canvases?

Kyah, Cason, & Haven said...

Hey I read that same idea in Redbook this wk and thought it sounded really cool! I love the 'splashes of color'-so very, very cute! Girls are getting so big...I hate missing it, but so appreciate the blog. I look forward to seeing what u will put up next!!