Friday, June 3, 2011

a [superLONG] doctor visit

THREE hours. For a scheduled check-up.Yeah. It wasn't too fun.Especially the last hour as we waited for Cate's (unexpected) immunizations.But it wasn't all bad. We did a lot of playing:(We don't go many place without these guys:)And we spent quite a long time coloring:Cate is getting pretty darn good at staying in the lines:Of course, Cate gets in Ty's face every two minutes:But he didn't seem to mind too much:We also spent a good half hour making "movies" on my phone (the computers won't let me download them today) where the girls told jokes and sang songs, and then laughed at themselves when they watched it back.A wasted three hours? Yes- I didn't get all of the errands run afterwards that I had hoped. But no- we spent it cooped up together, and in the end it was kind of fun.


By the way- Cate is perfectly healthy. 60th percentile in height and weight. Her hearing is perfect. Her eyesight? Who knows. She refused to tell the nurse what shapes she saw, even though I could hear her whispering some of them correctly.

And even though she threw a screaming fit when they gave her her shots, she quit as soon as the stickers came out. (*sigh*) I think the hour that she had to sit and think about those needles made them much worse than they really were.




PS- Its hard not to compare our current Dr's office to our old one in AR. Everything used to be so streamlined- they got us in and out so quickly. Here, we expect a wait (not 3 hours!) And we get much more personalized service. And we really like our doctor. So it's worth the wait. And I won't complain too loudly. :)

No comments: