Friday, April 29, 2011

Ty has figured me out.

This afternoon the kids got down for a nap waaay later than usual (playdate + grocery store = schedule shift.) Ty had his bottle while I speed-read to the girls. Then he went straight to his bed after a quick diaper check.

I was in the kitchen putting away the rest of the groceries when I heard this:
"Mama!" pause. "Mama!" pause. "Book!!!"

I froze right where I was (cramming the new box of rice into the pantry that needs to be reorganized badly.)

He yelled it again:
"Mama! Book!"

I couldn't ignore him. In my haste to get him to sleep I had skipped his book. (I typically read him a quick one in his room after the girls are down.) So I plucked him out of his bed- a big grin on both of our faces- and read him a book. Or maybe six.

Of course, once I put him back in bed he yelled "Book!" and cried for about 15 minutes before falling asleep... But it was totally worth it.


I love this kid- his favorite things right now are balls and books. Is there a better combination??