Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Winterizing

I made the girls' coats this year.
I don't know why.
Except that I saw this cute pattern and thought, "I could make that."
So I did.They seem to like them. And so do I. And at about $9.00 a piece (counting the pattern!), I think they were a good deal. :)They're perfect for acting silly:And perfect for twirling:
(Very important to Halle.)They even make pouting look a little bit cute:
(Don't tell Cate I said so.) Here's the back:The girls each got to pick their flannel lining material:(Halle's was a compromise. She wanted the sparkly pink cats and purses that said, "Shopping Diva.")My favorite are the buttons on Cate's coat. They were dug out of my Grandma's button box that I recently inherited:

Bring on the cold!

(At least the Mississippi variety- they won't hold up to any serious snow or wind.)

*The pattern came from here.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

A-dorable!!!

Anonymous said...

You're so talented and the coats are very cute! Steve said that the picture of Cate with her fingers in her mouth looks just like you as he remembers you around that age.