Monday, August 4, 2008

Trent Creek

Last week the girls and I traveled with my mom, my aunt and my grandma to southern MO to dig up a little family history. We visited the places where my grandma, her parents and grandparents lived- in the "hollers" of the ozarks. It was one of the coolest trips I've ever taken. Actually seeing the places that I've only imagined in stories was just... really really special. We even found the cave where Grammy's family stored their milk and butter and the place where she hid and scared her sister when they were little (a favorite story of us all- who can imagine GRAMMY getting in trouble??)

Besides the seeing the sights it was special to get to spend time with the Colyer ladies (well, most of them- we were missing a few). I'm so thankful for the opportunity!


Halle and Grammy cool off in Trent Creek


Cate at Trent Creek

No comments: