I've shown pictures of
this park before. It's tiny. It's in a 'town' of about 200 people and a few random dogs. Years ago I
could've told you the dogs' names but all of the ones I knew are gone now.

The play equipment at the park has changed too. The only things that look completely familiar to me are the blue
swing set frame and the monkey bars.

I remember an ice cream social in the park once where an old man gave me a cup of iced tea ("
unsweet tea," they call it here in the South) when I asked for water. I drank it because I was too shy to ask for something else.

Countless work-up games, roller hockey on the tennis court, "see-how-long-you-can-go-without-a-drink-or-bathroom" games.
This park was a meeting place. And now all of us are gone.

BUT, I caught these guys spying on us with my zoom lens:

I don't know who they are. But it made my heart
so happy.
1 comment:
:)
Post a Comment