Sunday, May 31, 2009

Big Projects

We tackled a couple of big projects this weekend (with A LOT of help from my parents!) First, we got our new (okay, used) swing set! It was a Craigslist find- and I don't know if you've noticed the price of swing sets now-a-days, but they "ain't cheap!" This one was half of the going rate for bottom of the line wooden swing sets- and it's not a cheapy. I feel like we got a great deal. My dad (who did all the work on it) might not feel the same way... :)

Big swing set. Little borrowed truck.
I was a nervous wreck the whole way home!Work, Papa, work!
My dad worked at this thing until it was perfectly level and rock solid!First test:They love it!Now all we need is a tarp, some wood cleaner and a little stain!
The second big project was painting- the girls' room and the hall bathroom. I have wanted to repaint the girls' room since we moved in almost 3 years ago. It was a cheerful, sunny yellow color that I really liked. Initially I was going to just repaint it in a similar shade, but I changed my mind...
The yellow:The conversion- yellow to blue:I like how it feels more calm in there now.
Here is Halle's side of the room:Cate's:The fabric scraps on the bulletin board are going to be their new bedding:
Whew! Thank you Mom and Dad for all of your help!!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Love the blue...also, I love the swing set, we've been pricing them ourselves!